Our members have a breadth and depth of experience that extends across various industries and across geographical boundaries.
The confidentiality which is an essential ingredient of all ADR processes prevents us listing in detail the work we have undertaken, and the parties for whom we have worked.
However, by way of broad outline, we set out some of the work undertaken by our members in the recent past:
- An arbitration in Melbourne concerning licence fees.
- An ICC arbitration in Singapore involving disputes arising out of the logistics contract for the construction of a pulp mill.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Sydney concerning alleged shortage of bulk sugar shipped from Queensland to South Korea.
- An ACICA arbitration in Melbourne concerning a dispute under a shipping services agreement between an Australian provider of services and a South Pacific nation state.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne between a property consultant and a developer relating to a proposed development over air space.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne between the Pakistani purchaser of grain and the Australian supplier.
- An ICC arbitration in Hong Kong between a Singaporean purchaser of large tyres used on mining machinery and the English supplier of those tyres.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne between a Korean shipowner and an Australian charterer arising out of the grounding of the ship in a Filipino harbour.
- An SIAC arbitration between the Indian buyer of steel plate and the Korean seller.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Singapore between an Australian ship builder and a Danish buyer.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne between an Australian ship owner and an Australian charterer over dead freight and demurrage.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne arising out of a grain storage and handling agreement.
- An ad hoc arbitration in Melbourne between a Greek ship owner and an Australian charterer over laytime and demurrage.
- An arbitration arising out of the breach of a code of conduct by a member of a sporting association.
- An arbitration in Melbourne concerning payment for Telecommunication services
- A mediation between a widow and her step-daughters in connection with a substantial estate.
- A mediation between the CEO of a corporation and some of the corporation's directors.
- A mediation between a rail operator and a track owner following a derailment.
- A mediation between family members in connection with the operation of a substantial family business.
- A mediation between a dissatisfied client and a major legal firm.
- A similar mediation between a firm of architects and a former client.
- A tripartite mediation between adjoining property owners and the local municipality concerning access rights to development project.
- Several mediations between legal firms and former partners.